So when it comes to all your sav­ings, a bro­ken mar­riage and children/money, invest the time and mon­ey to have a prop­er sep­a­ra­tion agree­ment in BC. This means that you will pay a frac­tion of the price you should pay in the future and against pos­si­ble legal action. If you are sep­a­rat­ing from your spouse, get­ting a sep­a­ra­tion agree­ment is a good idea. A sep­a­ra­tion agree­ment is a legal doc­u­ment out­lin­ing how you will deal with par­ent­ing, own­er­ship, and help­ing chil­dren and spous­es. If you‘re set­ting up a busi­ness, you may not want to be asso­ci­at­ed after your sep­a­ra­tion. It is impor­tant to solve all the finan­cial prob­lems relat­ed to your busi­ness. You can be com­pli­cat­ed (espe­cial­ly if there are tax issues), so it‘s a good idea to get advice from a fam­i­ly lawyer before enter­ing into a sep­a­ra­tion agree­ment. To sub­mit your agree­ment, take a copy of your signed agree­ment to your local Provin­cial Court or Supreme Court Reg­istry and request that it be filed. For par­ents, there may be addi­tion­al fam­i­ly issues in a sep­a­ra­tion agree­ment, includ­ing: in fact, sep­a­ra­tion agree­ments in BC are the absolute­ly least cost-effec­tive agree­ments that we make fam­i­ly lawyers. Writ­ing them down is incred­i­bly com­mon­place and nego­ti­a­tions last for­ev­er. In addi­tion, we can eas­i­ly be sued if we make a mistake.

You and your spouse can write the con­tract your­self or you can ask a lawyer, fam­i­ly court coun­selor or pri­vate medi­a­tor to help you. The court can only enforce an agree­ment if you have filed it in court. You can sub­mit the agree­ment to the court at any time, but it‘s a good idea to sub­mit it short­ly after sign­ing. This gives you one less thing you need to wor­ry about if you need the court to impose it. A col­lab­o­ra­tive approach to prac­tice can also be used to set things straight. Here, the cou­ple and their lawyers agree to coop­er­ate. You can nego­ti­ate an agree­ment. The cou­ple and their lawyers sign a coop­er­a­tion agree­ment that states that no one will go to court or threat­en to do so. If the col­lab­o­ra­tive nego­ti­a­tion process col­laps­es, spous­es will have to hire new lawyers if they want to go to court. The court usu­al­ly respects the agree­ments (they treat your agree­ment as a legal doc­u­ment). The Unbun­dled Legal Ser­vices web­site can help you find a lawyer who can ver­i­fy a draft of your sep­a­ra­tion agree­ment and give you inde­pen­dent legal advice.. .

. .